Q. Why should I take a cruise?
A. A cruise offers all of the things most people want in a vacation: relaxation, romance, excitement, adventure, escape, discovery, luxury, value and more, without the hassles. In a recent survey, well over 80 percent of cruisers said they were “extremely satisfied” or “very satisfied” with their cruise vacations. With nearly all of the components–exciting ports of call, accommodations, fabulous meals, entertainment, first-rate facilities and services–included in the cost of a vacation at sea, cruising ranks extremely high in affordability and value.
Q. Why should I use a travel agent/advisor to plan my cruise vacation instead of handling the details myself?
A. With so many travel options, it can be overwhelming. We works as your “value interpreter.” Using our expertise, we find amazing experiences that exceed your every desire, but not your budget. With our services you can be confident that your vacation will be perfectly planned, hassle-free, and filled with moments you’ll never forget.
Q. Does it cost me more to book my cruise through a travel agency than if I book it myself directly with the cruise line?
A. No. The cruise lines pay us a commission for booking your cruise, and they will quote you the same rates that we quote to you if you book directly with them. We can also save you money since we keep up to date about the promotions that the various cruise lines offer. We also save you time by doing the research and then making recommendations to you.
Q. Where and when should we go on a cruise?
A. Cruise ships sail all over the world, and we can advise you as to when the ships sail in the various areas. Examples: Caribbean and Hawaii cruises are available year-round; the Alaska cruise season is from May to September; Canada/New England in September and October; Europe from April to November, etc.
Q. How far in advance should we make our reservations?
A. In order to obtain the itinerary and accommodations of your choice, we recommend booking your cruise at least 3 to 6 months in advance of your vacation date. Due to current popularity of Alaska and Europe cruising destinations and for Spring Break cruises, we recommend 8 to 12 months ahead. Of course, we can always check for availability and pricing for “last-minute” cruises. Just don’t be surprised if no space is available.
Q. When can we get the best rates for the itinerary that we choose?
A. In general, when the cruise lines release their rates and itineraries for cruise 12 to 18 months out, the rates are the lowest. If the demand for a particular itinerary becomes high, the cruise lines will raise the rates periodically as the departure date approaches. Conversely, if the demand is low, the cruise line reduces the rates. In general, rate reductions are not as common as rate increases. Some cruise lines will honor rate reductions to those who have already confirmed their reservations with a deposit if we contact them and request it.
Q. Why should we choose Indy Cruise Central to handle our cruise planning?
A. Our mission is to provide excellent service to our customers by offering personalized vacation packages with emphasis on enjoyment and total value. The result of this is that you can anticipate the enjoyment of your vacation without concerning yourself with the details.
- Our love of cruising led us to commit to becoming knowledgeable about the cruise industry including:
- Personal cruising experience
- We have each achieved the rank of accredited cruise counselor awarded by the Cruise Lines International Association which entailed: classroom training, ship inspections, video training, attendance at industry events, and personal cruising experience.
- Continuing our education with on-line training courses and yearly attendance at seminars offered by the major cruise lines.
- As a cruise-only travel agency, our focus enables us to give you the following specialized services:
- Guide you in selecting the length of your cruise, itinerary, and accommodations for individual reservations as well as for groups.
- Suggest promotional fares that are periodically offered by the cruise lines
- Handle the details of booking your cruise vacation
- Periodically check for cruise lines to offer promotions with rate reductions and request they be applied to your booking
- Follow up with you regarding payment schedules, due dates, and pre-registration reminders
- Serve as a reliable and knowledgeable resource to answer your questions
- Follow up with you for post-cruise feedback regarding our services and your experience with the cruise line and provide assistance with any issues that may have arisen during your cruise.